October wasn't scary for us. We enhanced your ability to immediately add content to your search results. You can now tell us about a URL or RSS feed in the Admin Center and we will immediately index the content and display it on your results page.
Additionally, we now offer real-time reporting for your search queries in the Affiliate Center, allowing you to see your website's search activity throughout the day.
As a reminder, we divide our work into three categories.
- Features: Things that you actually notice;
- Chores: Back-end improvements that you don't notice
- Bugs: Fixes to any code issues that may arise.
Features for Searchers
- Searchers see polished look and feel for results pages with RSS elements.
- Searchers see option to filter results by last 24 hours, last week, and last month on results pages with RSS elements.
- Searchers see option to remove all filters when no results are found for RSS results.
- Searchers see indexed documents/pages from the DigitalGov Search index on results pages.
m.USA.gov visitors see new homepage options.
- m.USA.gov visitors may click anywhere on row to select a homepage option.
Features for Affiliate Center Users
- Affiliate Center users may input RSS feeds.
- Affiliate Center users see crawl information for DigitalGov Search crawler.
- URLs added by Affiliate Center users and fetched by DigitalGov Search go into Add to Bing feed transparently.
- Affiliate Center users may add URLs not in their domain list.
- Affiliate Center users may bulk upload Best Bets in CSV format.
- Affiliate Center users may view today's analytics data.
- Report RSS feed processing errors.
- Precede Bing logo with "Results by."
- Searchers see attribution to DigitalGov Search in HTML code.
- Ignore case when RSS feeds are busy or unavailable.
- Update Affiliate Center navigation and text.
- Implement near zero-downtime deployments.
- Add flag to determine whether older items from an RSS feed are ignored or processed.
- Affiliate Center users using IE9 may cancel a delete request.
- Publications does not stem to public(s).
- Affiliate Center users may upload Atom RSS feeds.
- Searchers don't see "!!!sep" after an Affiliate Center user deletes a row in a Best Bet.
- RSS searches don't cause an error when the affiliate name is invalid.
- Indexed document results highlight keywords.