Feature 1. We have a new name.
We're now DigitalGov Search. You'll see our new name and brand on this web site, in our Admin Center, and as attribution on your search results pages.
Feature 2. We're continuing to go responsive.
We've redesigned our mobile search results page. It now uses a card-based design and is responsive. This design gives searchers a more consistent user experience and access to the results anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
Take a sneak peek of the new responsive results page. Go to USA.gov (or your website) from any mobile phone or tablet and do a search. Or, add the parameter
&m=true to the end of the URL on your desktop.
Spelling suggestions. Searchers now see a prompt to correct their spelling on the mobile results page.
Job openings. Searchers now see your agency's job openings on the mobile results page.
Feature 3. See all of your query data.
You can now see even more data in your weekly and monthly CSV downloads on the Monthly Reports page in the Admin Center. (We'd previously shown up to 1,000 rows. We now show up to one million rows.)
Feature 4. Customize your Dublin Core labels.
- We migrated our indexes for (a) RSS (news) and (b) type-ahead search suggestions from Solr to Elasticsearch (External link).
- We collapsed overlapping synonyms in our Elasticsearch indexes.
- We now automatically detect understemmed terms.
- We migrated our GitHub account from GSA-OCSIT to https://github.com/GSA.
- We addressed some sporadic indexing issues with our Twitter and YouTube feeds.
- We now remove extraneous tabs or newlines in the titles RSS items.
- We now ignore all apostrophes in our Elasticsearch indexes.
- When you bulk upload text Best Bets, it no longer drops the last two columns.
- Searchers that limit search results to the last hour no longer pull up items from 24 hours ago.
- Searchers using an iPad no longer see an error on advanced search page.